Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Paleo Meat Loaf

Thanks Sheridan French for the yummy recipe. I loved this recipe, but my kids not so much. I really wished that they did, because I really liked it.


Paleo Meatloaf



Ingredients:
1 pound ground round or ground meat
1/4c tomato puree {no high fructose corn syrup - only tomatoes}
1 6oz can tomato paste
1/4c white distilled vinegar {yes, the same thing you would use to clean your floors with!} OR Bragg's organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar is also an option
1T or 1t lemon juice
1T garlic powder or 2 cloves minced garlic
1/4c or 1/3c honey depending on how sweet you want it {I do 1/4c}
1 yellow onion baseball size
1/2 large red bell pepper or 1 small one
1 raw egg
1c almond meal

Instructions:
Mix.

Bake uncovered in a glass dish at 375 for one hour. I turn the oven off and put a piece of foil on top and let it sit for at least another hour, but sometimes two or three

Note: If your meat is not completely thawed do not cook it! The ice crystals will tear up the meat and make it tough and not as tasty. Near room temperature is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment