Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Where to begin

First we begin by praying and then trusting ourselves as mothers. I knew that there was something else going on with Little Miss. I asked doctors, and the same response was she will grow out of it. To be honest she did stop the endless hours of crying, but she still cried a lot, and just never seemed to be happy. My heart broke as I didn't feel connected to her. She didn't want to be held or cuddled, and it just seemed no matter what I did there was no comforting her. You feel like such a failure as a mother.

Anyways, looking back there would have been many things that I would have done differently. What I would have done it the elimination diet that Dr. Sears recommends. My Dr kept reassuring me that there wasn't anything that I could do, but once I figured out that there was really a change with her diet, I wish I would have just hunkered down and tried it. What is really two weeks? Especially if you have a crying baby that might stop?

I know it is hard, but we ended up having to do this anyways. I wish we would have started earlier. I would have had a happier baby, and therefore a happier mama. Also, you really need to get your spouse on board. This is just so tough anyways, you need someone to support you, help you and encourage you to see success.

No comments:

Post a Comment